I don't know if this is exactly what you're looking for, but WebGUI by
PlainBlack (www.plainblack.com) looks like an option.

-John

-----Original Message-----
From:   Chris Devers [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent:   Fri 2/11/2005 8:15 AM
To:     Siegfried Heintze
Cc:     Perl Beginners - CGI List
Subject:        Re: Favorite Perl CGI Framework for Web Site Development?

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005, Siegfried Heintze wrote:

> I notice there are a lot of frameworks out there for .NET (eg, .NETNUK),
> PHP, and Java (eg AppFuse) programmers. These are sets of files that form a
> typical starter site (or skeleton) that have the basic common features for a
> web site: (1) cookie/password authentication authorization, send email for
> forgotten password, (2) file upload, (3) calendar etc...
>
> Are there any such frameworks for perl cgi? I googled for perl cgi framework
> but could not find any matches.

Does Bricolage count? Or Slashcode?

Perl mainly offers sets of tools for plugging such things together,
using components like CGI.pm &/or template libraries (Template Toolkit,
Mason, HTML::Template, etc) to build sites.

We don't, however, really have any prominent web application frameworks
to compare with, say, Zope (Python's main offering) or the many suites
that are now available with PHP.

I'd be delighted to be corrected about this, but it seems like most of
the people that are working on such frameworks are using other languages
these days.

--
Chris Devers