Is there any way to squeeze the following into one line? (assume using
CGI.pm and that my $q = new CGI;):

        $device = $q->param( "device_name" );
        $device = $ARGV[0] if ! $device;
        $device = "default_device" if ! $device;

i.e., first see if we're being used with a CGI form, if not -- see if we
have something from the command line, otherwise use a default value.

Or better yet, how about squeezing this into one line:

        $device = $q->param( "device_name" );
        $device = $ARGV[0] if ! $device;
        chomp ( $device = <STDIN> ) if ! $device;

Not a critical question (the code works), but I am facinated with Perl
shortcuts...