-----Original Message-----
From: Ing. Branislav Gerzo [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tue 4/26/2005 8:51 PM
To: beginners-cgi@perl.org
Subject: Re: grep pattern problem

TapasranjanMohapatra [T], on Monday, April 25, 2005 at 17:51 (+0530)
wrote:

T> The directory and files have all permissions (777) recursively.
T> I see the same problem when I do "grep pattern ../directory/* " also.
T> Can someone tell me what may be the problem.

maybe your path is not well set up. What you get, if you run dir(ls) ?

----
How do I set the path for CGI? If I do a print on $ENV{'PATH'},
I get /sbin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin

And 'ls' and 'dir' are in /usr/bin. Still I get nothing when I run dir or ls.
I tried with absolute path. Still I am not getting any output.

Would you let me know how should I go about solving the problem.
Thanks for your help.
Tapas

--

How do you protect mail on web? I use http://www.2pu.net

[AC/DC is a sort-of sophisticated neanderthal stomp.]