Hi all

Done lots of googling but this simple thing still has me stumped

The perl code to insert stuff into an mysql table is this

    my $Vals;
    for ( my $i=1;$i<=32;$i++ ) {
        $Vals.='?,';
    }
    chop $Vals;
    my @TheRecord=&GenMainRecData();
    my $sth = $dbh->prepare("INSERT INTO mytable VALUES($Vals)");
    $sth->execute(@TheRecord);

This works fine until I have single quores (') in the data eg O'Connor etc

The data saved in the field ends up being OConnor

I've tried putting \\\' in the string but this gives me O\Connor

I've also tried

    my @TheRecord=&GenMainRecData();
    my $fld;
    my @Processed;
    foreach $fld (@TheRecord){
        push (@Processed,$dbh->quote($fld));
    }
    my $sth = $dbh->prepare("INSERT INTO CAFamilyDay2005 VALUES($Vals)");
    $sth->execute(@Processed);

But this just seems to put quotes in EVERY field

Thanks in advance for you help

Your stumped !

Andrew Kennard