On Wed, 3 Aug 2005, Sara wrote:

> I have to test/optimize a script on a shared server. The script
> contains a couple of mySQL queries etc.
>
> Is there a way that I can see the query execution time (like in
> phymyAdmin) and total script execution time, plus memory & CPU usage?
> There are a lot of ways doing it in PHP but nothing in PERL/CGI?
>
> I searched CPAN but failed to find my desired requirements. Are there
> any system commands that can be executed within the script to get
> these values.

Did you not see Benchmark.pm on CPAN then? It should be your first step.

    http://search.cpan.org/perldoc?Benchmark

After that, a general search for 'benchmark' may also help.

    http://search.cpan.org/search?query=Benchmark&mode=all

That turns up several more possibilities, but Benchmark.pm is the one
you should start with, not least because it is bundled with Perl itself,
so you shouldn't have to install anything extra to run it.

--
Chris Devers