Well, I seemed to have cleaned up my insecure errors, and now get a
LOCATION: connected
ERROR: install_driver(Oracle) failed: Can't load
'/opt/perl5/lib/site_perl/5.8.5/PA-RISC2.0-LP64/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.s
l' for module DBD::Oracle: No such file or directory at
/opt/perl5/lib/5.8.5/PA-RISC2.0-LP64/DynaLoader.pm line 230.
 at (eval 10) line 3
Perhaps a required shared library or dll isn't installed where expected
at /var/appl/sls/bin/driver.pl line 142

I am thinking it has to be a permissions issue, but can not for the life
of me, figure it out.  Mainly because this was working 2 months ago,
until the security group here changed some things on our unix box, and
now things don't run from the command line.

Basically, the flow of the program should be:
Prog_launch.pl --> inserts a record into a table  (this part works)
                --> updates it to set off a trigger (this part works)
Perl_trg.trg    --> resides on database, and uses a java stored
procedure to
                        execute a command line to run code on a
different machine
                        using another perl program as the driver (this
part works)
Driver.pl       --> fails on the connect to database (used to work
before security                         mucked with machine)

I have checked permissions for Oracle.sl libraries, and made sure the
LD_LIBRARY_PATH and PATh are set correctly, but still no luck.

Is there something obvious I am overlooking?

Just Your Friendly Neighborhood
_SPIDEY_