I have a multi-stage cgi I'm currently working on, and as I progress thru the stages (the form uses POST not GET for reasons of data-size) I was hoping to be able to simply add ?step=confirm or ?step=finish to the form action
( -action=>"$htmlform{action}?step=confirm", ... )

However it's not working, and I'm getting the distinct impression that when the action is a POST, CGI.pm ignores anything WRT the uri request line...

Is this true?