On Wed, Dec 07, 2005 at 01:19:59PM -0600, Bill Stephenson wrote:

>> Nor should you allow new lines ...
>> $subject = "User entered data with\nBCC: spam victim <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>"

> I wasn't aware of that problem. I'm guessing that using CGI.pm to parse
> input helps solve that problem. Is this correct?

No. There are plenty of times when you *want* to allow new lines in
user input, even just sticking to the rather narrow field of form
processors that send email, you often want to allow the user to enter
multiple lines of text (in the message body).

Using a prewritten, well-tested formmailer (such as NMS) is a good way
to solve the problem.