sfantar wrote:
Hi there,

I am starting using HTML::Template modules and I wrote a script with the first example within the doc. I am not able to see the results of my CGI from my browser. It displayed error 500 Internal Server Error.
I gave the correct rights to my script to make it executable.
In the @INC, there is no problem. When I run perl -e 'use HTML::Template', there is no error in the output.

When I launch my script from the command line, it's ok. I can see the results.

I don't know where the problem is.
Thanks for your help.

Hello ,

Try with this example(change the file permission) and if you still get the error message.Paste the error from "/var/log/httpd/error_log" .

$ cat templ.tmpl

My Name is <TMPL_VAR NAME=name>
This is a simple Example <TMPL_VAR NAME=example>

$ cat templ.cgi

#!/usr/bin/perl -w
use HTML::Template;

# open the html template
my $template = HTML::Template->new(filename => 'templ.tmpl');

# fill in some parameters
$template->param(name => "Prabu");
$template->param(example => "For Template");

# send the obligatory Content-Type and print the template output
print "Content-Type: text/html\n\n", $template->output;

$ perl templ.cgi

My Name is Prabu
This is a simple Example For Template

-- Prabu.M.A