Hi

On 28 Sep 2006 at 17:21, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:

> Hi ALL
>
> I have a issue
>
> when i use script (test.cgi)
>
> #!/bin/bash
> echo "Content-type: text/plain";
> echo
> set
>
> I get all the http headers populated with the values correctly
>
> but when I use the below script (test-cgi)
>
> #!/bin/sh
>
> # disable filename globbing
> set -f

> I dont get values for REMOTE_HOST = and REMOTE_USER =
>
> I am calling the script http://mydomain.com/cgi-bin/test-cgi
>
> Please let me know if you need any information
>
> Thanks and Regards
>
> Kaushal

I think the first point is that your not using Perl !!! This is a
list 4 perl not shell scripting.

Secondly remote_user is not always avaiable.

Lastly you could try:

#!/usr/bin/perl

use strict;
use warnings;
use CGI qw/:standard/;

my $q = new CGI;
print $q->header(-type=>'text/html');
print $q->start_html('test');

print remote_host();

print $q->end_html;

After that I would tenatively suggest doing some basic reading on the
subject (CGI and/or Perl/CGI).

Good luck.