De : Jonathan Mangin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Envoyé : mardi 6 février 2007 15:45
À : Akbar Ehsan; beginners-cgi@perl.org
Objet : Re: Trying to Understand An Error Message

----- Original Message -----
From: "Akbar Ehsan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <beginners-cgi@perl.org>
Sent: Tuesday, February 06, 2007 9:26 AM
Subject: Trying to Understand An Error Message

Hello,

I have Perl/CGI script that work fine but for the fact that it logs a
message in the error log file. The message is:

Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at...

Despite the message, the script does what it is supposed to do. I would
like to know if this message is a harmless message or is it something
that needs to be investigated and found a solution for?

Thanks.

Akbar Ehsan
Internet Services Coordinator
Central Office
Ivy Tech Community College
9301 E. 59th St.
Indianapolis, IN 46216
Phone: 1 317 921-4872

To me, anything in the error_log should be fixed.
It seems you are trying to use a variable that's never
been defined.  This isn't necessarily correct for your
case, but something like:

my $name = $q->param('name') || '';

might be a solution.

--Jon