On 04/30/2007 11:03 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I actually have the book as well ('Official Guide to Programming with CGI.pm') and have practically torn it apart trying to find a way to do what I want. I've tracked down and read a number of articles and forum postings as well.

I have a feeling that a hash can't be passed this way. Arrays and strings are no problem, but I believe the CGI protocol does not allow passing complex data structures like arrays of hashes, or hashes of hashes.

You are correct that CGI does not allow you to pass HoH structures directly; however, you can use Storable.pm to convert a HoH into a string that can be made the value of a form element (after it's been HTML-encoded).

Sessions are an even better idea for passing complex data between CGI programs written by the same author. Investigate the docs for CGI::Session and Apache::Session (if you're using Apache).