Greetings All

I have a Perl file in which i m doing all the operaions in one file
based on the command line arguments.
login.cgi
.
.
.
$query = new CGI;
$sid = $query->cookie('CGISESSID') || $query->param('CGISESSID') ||
undef;
$submit_value=$query->param("submit");

if ($sid ne ""){
print $query->header( -cookie=>$cookie );}
else{
print "Content-type: text/html";}

if ($sid eq "" && $submit_value eq "") {
   &auth_page(" Login Authentication"," Login Authentication");
   print "Session id: ";
   print $sid;
   print "\n Submit value:";
   print $query->param("submit");

   print $FORM{'uid'};
   print $query->header( -cookie=>$cookie );
   &print_trailer();
 exit(0);
}
elsif ($sid eq "" && $submit_valu ne "") {
        &print_header(" Login Authentication"," Login Authentication");
        &print_trailer();
        exit(0);
}
.
.
.
when i open the for the first time it should go to

if ($sid eq "" && $submit_value eq "")  this condition as both will be
empty. and here i m getting the login information and again i m
calling the same file(login.cgi). now as the sumbit value will not be
empty it has to go the next condtion

elsif ($sid eq "" && $submit_valu ne "") .i m validating the
credentials here. but the problem here i face is the page info which
is to be displayed in the browser is automaticaly asks for File
Download. when downloaded that file and check by open in the new
window it displays the ouput. i could not understand the problem so
plz can u help me in clearing this problem...

where i m going wrong..
thanks,
Prakash