Hey all,

I am trying to find a simple, modular web based configuration
application and am having a little trouble.  Basically, I need
something to do some simple configurations on an appliance similar to
something like a laser printer.  You know the little web based menu
you get when you hit your local Lexmark C530dn or HP LaserJet and it
allows you to change the IP address, set the printer name, and get
some feedback on how many pages you've printed?  That's what I want.

I tried to look at webmin and possibly building my own modules, but
I'm based on Debian and webmin has fallen out of favor.  My next
thought was to write a little something, possibly based on
TemplateToolkit but that seems a little excessive.  I also played
around with the idea of ripping the GUI out of m0n0wall and using it
to base my stuff on, but that didn't seem very clean.

I would rather use and contribute to something that is pre-existing in
the OSS world than to start my own project.  My time is limited and
I'm not that great of a programmer.  :)  Anyway, it's hard to believe
that no-one has ever created a simple little web app that can be
extended with modules.  Do you know of anything that I could use as a
jumping off point?

Thanx!
  Richard