> Dermot,
>
> Thanks for responding!
>
> Your points are correct; unfortunately, those errors were created by
my
> simplification attempts.
> But the problem is when I wish to refer to those variables in other
.pm
> modules that may be included with with use statements in the main .cgi
> program and those same variables may need to be also referenced in
> other
> included .pm inside referenced in those previously mentioned .pm
> modules.

That shouldn't be a problem. Just `use options` in those modules as
well.

There is a convention with modules, and someone might be better able to
explain it than me, where the name-space is broken up a bit. So rather
than

use options.pm; (it's your current directory).

use YourApp::Options; (It's in a folder called YourApp which is listed
in your lib path).

You dont' have to do this of course. This is Perl, there is more than
one way to do it, however these sorts of convention usually come about
for a good reason.

Good luck,
Dp.