I'm very new to smalltalk and squeak. I'm having trouble understanding where/how is the "new" method is defined.

I was messing around with morphs; I tried CurveMorph new. Nothing happened so I started walking back through the parents of CurveMorph looking for the method "new". I got all the way to the top (ProtoObject) and to my bewilderment... no "new". I used the method finder and found the "new" method in the Behavoir class. How are these related? It seems like something with a class being a real object and descending from behavior, but I can't seem to wrap my mind around that. Any help and insights would be appreciated.

Thanks.