On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 22:14:49 +0100, Blake wrote:

I've been following this debate with some interest, but I think it's gone beyond a noob discussion.

Is there a noob answer to this question? There ought to be. I'm sort of leaning toward:

Q. How do you empty a collection.
A. You don't, you replace it with a new instance.

Q. What if you have references to the collection in multiple places?
A. Wrap the collection in another class, and reference that.

??

 Q. can I use #become: instead of wrapper?
 A. yes but the pro's don't like solutions with #become:, it smells

/Klaus