Klaus D. Witzel a écrit :
On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 02:01:49 +0100, nicolas cellier wrote:

Some proposed an alternative based on (self removeAll: self), and started writing optimized versions of #removeAll:.

No, (anOrderedCollection removeAll: anOrderedCollection) was not optimized. It had a *very* long known bug, which was fixed. Please do less mixing of subjects in threads.

OK, I'm extrapolating.
In this case, while you are at it:

        | aSet |
        aSet :='Klaus' asSet.
        aSet removeAll: aSet.
        aSet

        | aHeap |
        aHeap := Heap withAll: 'Witzel'.
        aHeap removeAll: aHeap.
        aHeap

I would have used my name, but it seems i am removeable ;-)
        | aSet |
        aSet :='Cellier' asSet.
        aSet removeAll: aSet.
        aSet

Try with the collection of your choice.

In the mean time, don't use (self removeAll: self)...
Yes i'm mixing threads,should be How to NOT empty a collection ;-)

Nicolas

I think our biggest problem is that we have plenty possible ways to do it... Finding a balance between genericity and efficiency...

No, more correctness at the price of less efficiency :)

Nicolas

Agree on this one.
Then allow removeAllSuchThat: as default implementation.

Nicolas