On Wed, 14 May 2008 01:39:24 +0200, Tim M wrote:

When I save a method that references a new class, it prompts me if I want to create the class when I save

e.g.  initialize

  super initialize.

  self menuComponent: StMenuComponent new

If I let Squeak create the STMenuComponent class, i don't think it gets added to the change log - as when I crashed my image several minutes later and tried to follow the recovery instructions (http://www.eli.sdsu.edu/courses/spring01/cs683/notes/crash/crash.html) I wasn't able to recover source in that class as it didn't get created in the listed changes (although the subsequent methods I added to it were offered as changes to load). I think its possibly that the helpful prompt to create a class didn't put it in the change log? does this sound correct and is it a bug?

Yes, by using the fresh sq3.10-7159dev08.05.2.image I just reproduced that bug, there's nothing about the new class in the .changes file :(

This is easy to see with FileList => recent changes button on the .changes file.

Please enter a bug report @ http://bugs.squeak.org also report which .image you're using.

This was in the Seaside one-click install image.

/Klaus