Roger Thedog wrote:

Claus Kick wrote:

If you are on Windows or Linux, you could also try VisualAge from Instantiations. Or Dolphin Smalltalk from Object-Arts, if you are on Windows.
Claus

I played around with Visualage when I was looking at Smalltalk the first
time around. I was quite shocked to see that it's for sale for 7000USD.

I *thought* that there was a "free for personal use" license involved somewhere, but I checked and figured that I mixed up Instantiations and Cincom.

You are right, however, the price is rather high. Thing is, VisualAge is rather well-documented (but rather expensive) whereas Dolphin is cheap and great to use, once you wrap your head around the differences.

The original is still downloadable from IBM and is free. The only problem I
had with that was that I couldn't get the documentation server to work in
Linux.

It is? Could you please provide a URL? :)

Claus