On Sep 26, 2008, at 2:36 PM, Bert Freudenberg wrote:

Am 26.09.2008 um 12:24 schrieb Mark Volkmann:

I hope I'm not exceeding the limit for questions in one day.

Not yet ;)

I'm porting some Java code that deals with XML to Smalltalk. A Java class has these methods.

  public StartTagWAX attr(String name, Object value) ...
public StartTagWAX attr(String prefix, String name, Object value) ...

What would be good Smalltalk names for these methods?
Here's my first guess.

attrName:value:
attrPrefix:name:value:

The way to test this is to check how it looks in a method using this. Looks okay except that a Smalltalker probably would prefer "attribute" to "attr".

Note that I don't really have a new to create Attr objects. I just need data describing an attribute so I can output it.

I'm not sure I understand ... do these methods return an new Attribute object? Or is the method writing the arguments directly?

The method writes the part of the XML corresponding to the attribute to a stream. For example,

wax attrName: 'foo' value: 'bar'

would write ' foo="bar"' to the stream and

was attrPrefix: 'p' name: 'foo' value: 'bar'

would write ' p:foo="bar"' to the stream.

---
Mark Volkmann