Rob Rothwell wrote:
While we are on the subject, is there an easy way to replace a substring with another one? I couldn't figure out any other way than to collect: the substrings and then put them back together...

 aString copyReplaceAll: 'substring' with: 'another'

Janko

Rob

On Sun, Sep 28, 2008 at 10:27 AM, Norbert Hartl <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:

    On Sun, 2008-09-28 at 09:12 -0500, Mark Volkmann wrote:
     > What's the recommended way to determine if a String contains another
     > String?
     > I found one way.
     >
     > '*substring*' matches: string
     >
     > I'm sure I could use a regular expression, but that seems like
    overkill.
     > At first I thought I should use include: or contains: from
    Collection,
     > but apparently not.
     >
     > ---
    string includesSubstring: 'substring'