On Oct 9, 2008, at 9:07 AM, Bert Freudenberg wrote:

Am 09.10.2008 um 15:54 schrieb xyz 42:

Hello!  I want to create a callback that will call my method after,
say, 10 minutes.  How can I do it in squeak?

[(Delay forDuration: 10 minutes) wait. self myMethod] fork

This forks off a background process

Is there a distinction between processes and threads in Squeak?

, waits 10 minutes, then calls myMethod. Note that a lot of code will break when called from a background process, you will have to worry about synchronization. Especially you must not call UI code from the background (there are of course ways to allow that).

---
Mark Volkmann