If the process has a strong reference to your morph (via self, a local
variable, etc), or any other object referencing your morph (e.g. the home context of the block of the process), then the morph won't get garbage collected while the process is running. If it only has a weak reference to the morph, then it can check if the morph got garbage collected (the weak reference became nil), and terminate normally.

Levente