Hi, folks,

I'm trying to pass a variable to a system command, the
first time it works but the second time it doesn't.
the script looks like this:

#!/usr/bin/perl
#Editor: Peter Lemus
#Purpose: to assign security to multiple files in
win2k.
print "Permissions are being changed now......\n";
open (FILE, "dir.txt") ||  die "can't open file he:
$!\n";
while ($line=<FILE>) { # assign each line of imput to
line.
         print $line;
        system "xcacls $line /g $line:f /e" # the
second
$line does not work.
        }
close (FILE);

The /g option in windows 2k grants access to a
specified user the :f is for full access.
in simple words I need the variable $line to work for
the command xcacls $line /g $line:f /e.
Please help...
thanks,

=====
Peter Lemus
Computer Networks Engineer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
My Dad always tought me; when you do good; expect to receive good; when you do bad;
expect the bad...sooner or later.