On Tue, Apr 24, 2001 at 01:38:45PM -0400, Timothy Kimball wrote:

> I've only been on the list a couple of days, and I've already seen a
> couple of questions about regexes matching numbers.

...and I don't remember anyone mentioning Damian Conway's mind-boggling
Regexp::Common module:

       By default, this module exports a single hash ("%RE") that stores
       or generates commonly needed regular expressions (see the section
       on "List of available patterns").

Which might simplify this greatly for numbers of any complexity.

dha
--
David H. Adler - <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> - http://www.panix.com/~dha/
All right!  So I'm the daughter of poison gas!