At 10:06 AM 4/24/2001 +1000, King, Jason wrote:

>Roiy Zysman writes ..
>
> > Hi guys and girls , does any one have a web link to perl specifications,
> > (For example, are the specifications for a variable name) ??
>
>while others have pointed you to perlstyle - to me your question reads more
>that you're after the technical specifications of what can and can't be
>included in Perl

Actually, no formal specification of Perl exists.  Whether one should is an
issue that comes up occasionally and there are vocal proponents of both
positions.  I would like to see one one day.

You can find most of what you need to in the documentation.  But a formal
specification, like the ANSI C standard, doesn't exist.