--- Johnathan Kupferer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> . . .
> Oh, and just to raise some hell: if you're new to Perl, you may also
> want to look at Python.  I don't know which language I would recomend

> more...

I recommend Perl to gearheads and programmers looking for a new tool.
For rank beginners, I recommend Python, because I think it's marginally
better (cleaner...easier?) for the beginner's mind to grasp.

Python does true multithreading and objects, though it hasn't matched
Perl in the few performance comparisons I've done.

Both are beautiful languages, in my most humble and minimally informed
opinion.

Python has some great features -- I just prefer Perl personally,
because it's more expressive of my personal style. ;o]