: I am trying to append to an existing database and my cgi keeps coming up
: with an Internal Server Error. I've looked this over many times with
: different books as references, and I can't see what is wrong with it. My
: form method is POST. Here is my code:

My money's on you not being able to open timesheet.db from a CGI script
(permissions, probably).  I would not expect this error to be in the
server's error_log, though, because of the comma right after the die.

I would change the open() line to

unless(open(DAT, ">>timesheet.db")){
        die "Cannot Open timesheet.db: $!" };

run it again and taiil the error_log. If this is what's killing
the script, then $! will tell you why (usually).

-- tdk