On Wed, May 09, 2001 at 02:48:54PM -0400, Casey West wrote:
: On Wed, May 09, 2001 at 03:45:40PM -0400, Brian Shoemaker wrote:
: : I'm having trouble getting a script to set a cookie.
: :
: : It works when I type the URL of the script into the browser and press
: : enter...... it works that's way and a cookie is set.
: :
: : But when I place that script in a HTML page like this
: : <!--#exec cgi="/cgi-bin/test/cookie_get.pl"-->
: : the cookie won't set.
: :
: : Is there something special you are supposed to do to set the cookie when
: : executing the script like that?
:
: You must set the Cookie in the HTTP Headers that get sent first with a
: web page, by using SSI to include your cookie_get.pl, you're too late
: to get the cookies.  If you don't want to write a CGI program for the
: page, you could use JavaScript to handle the Cookies but then you
: limit yourself on usefullness, since you don't really have much access
: to the server side.

I really should try to post to the list. :)

:   Casey West
:
: --
: Shooting yourself in the foot with Internet
: You put your foot in your mouth, shoot it, then spam the bullet so
: that everybody gets shot in the foot.

  Casey West

--
If unix is the face of the future I wanna go back to quill pens.
 -- Joseph Snipp