Mark Martin writes ..

>I'm looking for the quick and painless (idiots guide) instructions to
>connect to an MS Access database running on NT from a Digital
>UNIX machine.
>
>Need to knows:
>
>What DBD::  ?? needs installing
>
>How should the database handle look seeing as how there is no
>instance for
>an Access DB :
>
>$dbh1 = DBI->connect( "dbi:??:??", "username", "password" ) . Do I need
>some software for this?

you must need some other software .. MS Access is not a database server ..
so you can't connect to it remotely like you can to other databases .. it
requires an engine on the local machine to be running so that the data can
be served

on Microsoft OSs this will be the JET engine or ADO or something like that
.. on UNIX you will need an engine to basically act as the database server
with the MS Access database file as it's data store

I don't know whether such a thing exists - but hopefully you can find it now
if it does exist

--
  jason king

  In South Carolina, merchandise may not be sold within a half mile of
  a church unless fruit is being sold. - http://dumblaws.com/