On Thu, May 24, 2001 at 11:00:19AM -0700, Mark Folse wrote:
> I was written a small application to check the date of the files to
> process, and sleep until the new days's files arrived. My problem was
> testing. Is there someway not in the man pages to "touch" a file so
> that the return from -C reflects the new file system date and time?

Why does it have to not be in the man pages?  :-)

$ perldoc -f utime
     utime LIST
             Changes the access and modification times on each
             file of a list of files.  The first two elements of
             the list must be the NUMERICAL access and
             modification times, in that order.  Returns the
             number of files successfully changed.  The inode
             change time of each file is set to the current time.
             This code has the same effect as the "touch" command
             if the files already exist:

                 #!/usr/bin/perl
                 $now = time;
                 utime $now, $now, @ARGV;

--
Walter C. Mankowski
Senior Software Engineer        Myxa Corporation