Did I touch a nerve here or what?

Ge, all of this totally  <favorite slang word> is confusing me,

So you know where I am coming from, I'm taking
a second on-line CGI/PERL class that leaves a lot to be desired (if anyone knows
a good up-todate on-line class, please let me know!)

I will move up to learning CGI.pm, but for this month, I need to learn
how share variables between PERL files.

So by way of example what do I need to add to my code so I can use the Strict Pragma?

I take it that this is considered bad programing style or is just out date,
like the <blink> tag in <html> :)

require "libcgi2.pl";

Also I don't understand this '::' syntax.

Thanks
Dave
(I would think that there are a few out there that might benefit from some
clarification)

-------- the  library file "libcgi2.pl" --------

# used in guestout.pl and guestin.pl
$filename = 'guest_data/guest_data.txt';
#

sub parse_input {

 $whichmethod = $ENV{'REQUEST_METHOD'};
 if($whichmethod eq "GET"){
       $forminfo = $ENV{"QUERY_STRING"};
 }else{
       $forminfo = <STDIN>; }
 @key_value_pairs = split(/&/,$forminfo);
 foreach $pair (@key_value_pairs){
       ($key,$value) = split(/=/,$pair);
       $value =~ s/\+/ /g;
       $value =~ s/%([0-9a-fA-F][0-9a-fA-F])/pack("C", hex($1))/eg;
       $FORM_DATA{$key} = $value;

--- more stuff ---

return 1;
__END__

---------- main perl executable,  what is this package's $Name? -----

#!/usr/bin/perl -w
# CGI Script
use strict;

require "libcgi2.pl";

&parse_input; # sub in our library

#strip leading or trailing white space from all our form elements
foreach  my $key (keys %FORM_DATA){
$FORM_DATA{$key} =~ s/^\s+|\s+$//g;
}

*   Cora Connection Your West African Music Source   *
*   http://www.coraconnection.com/                   *
*   Resources, Recordings, Instruments & More!       *