Margit Brunder wrote ..

>I've written a cgi script and when Apache (version 1.3.6) tries to call
>it, I get the error message "can't locate loadable object for module
>HTML::Parser in @INC at ...../HTML/entities.pm line 79" although the
>module Parser.pm IS in the same directory as entities.pm The path where
>Parser.pm is located is included in @INC !!

because the module name is HTML::Parser then the Parser.pm module has to be
in the HTML subdirectory of one of the @INC directories

so if you're 'use'ing the HTML::Parser module from within
'/some/directory/HTML/entities.pm' then the directory '/some/directory'
would have to be in @INC

you say that '/some/directory/HTML' is in @INC .. in that case when you type

  use HTML::Parser;

then Perl is looking for '/some/directory/HTML/HTML/Parser.pm' and will
obviously not find it

hope that's clear - it can be a little confusing at first