Tarek,

        Your ISP or web hosting provider should have a FAQ or tutorial describing
what CGI options you have available and how to configure them.  That would
be the first place I would suggest looking for information specific to your
particular provider and environment.
        However, in general, I would suggest opening a new text file and typing a
simple "hello world" script, such as the following:

----------------->8 Cut Here 8<-----------------
#!/usr/bin/perl
print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";
print "Hello World!\n";
----------------->8 Cut Here 8<-----------------

        Save this file as 'test.cgi' and upload this to your 'cgi_bin' folder.
Then, open a browser to http://your.host.com/yoursite/cgi_bin/test.cgi.  If
you see the "Hello World!" text, everything is functioning great.  Happy
CGI'ing!
        FYI, the information above makes several assumptions about your ISP/hosting
provider's environment:

                * Path to Perl (#!/usr/bin/perl)
                * URL to your CGI directory
                * File permissions being set correctly

        Again, consult your ISP/host provider's documentation for specifics on
these and more questions.

|| UNIREZ, Inc.                                            Scott Thompson ||
|| Address: 2555 Southwest Grapevine Parkway | Title:     Programmer      ||
||          Suite 200                        | Phone:     (817) 416-5800  ||
||          Grapevine, Texas 76051           | Extension: 104             ||
|| Fax:     (817) 251-9199                   | Cell:      (972) 342-5660  ||
|| Web:     http://www.unirez.com/           | Email:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]||