On Jun 5, Alan F. Larimer, Jr. said:

>$old = $=;
>$~ = "HEADER";
>$= = 25;  #cuz that's how many lines on the screen
>(print some stuff with HEADER format)
>$~ = "STDOUT";
>$= = $old;
>
>I used a print statement to ensure that $= is being set properly, and
>it is.  But when I print stuff with HEADER format, it seems to not
>stick with that new $= = 25;  Yes, the output is still going to STDOUT
>(screen), where I want it, but just not with the new
>format_lines_per_page.

How do you know this, Alan?  Do you have a format_header set?  If not, I'm
afraid you won't be able to tell where one "page" ends and the next
begins.

--
Jeff "japhy" Pinyan      [EMAIL PROTECTED]      http://www.pobox.com/~japhy/
Eruséro Marillion -- wielder of Ringril, known as Hesinaur, the Winter-Sun