> It all depends on what the client looks like, if they have an xml parser,
> like zerces or JAXP for Enterprise java, then you both could
> agree on the location of the xml, and you'd post it and the xml parser
> would grab it.
> Otherwise, you could simply stream the file over a regular
> socket... Could you provide more info on the client.

All I know right now is that the client is a server, a physical maschine, on
which a process is running awaiting my
( appropriately formatted ) messages. Once it gets such a message it
generates requested data and sends it back
using scp to our proxy server.
Sorry, but all I have is a documentation written by someone who is not
reachable at the moment..

Do you have any examples of the second solution? E.g. for opening a
https-connection by a Perl script? It may be
really simple as I am completely new to the subject...

Thankx in advance,
Ela