Hey Philip,

I also have an environ.pl file that I use, but it is smaller and I
think (?) uses less resources.  Can anyone confirm that it is faster
and uses less resources to no use CGI for little things?

#!/usr/local/bin/perl
print "Content-type:  text/html\n\n

foreach $env_var (keys %ENV) {
    print "<B>$env_var</B> = $ENV{$env_var}<BR>\n";
}

print "</body> </html>\n";

PP> Hi Luinrandir,

PP> I had the same problem a while ago. I don't know where I finally got
PP> the information, but I now tend to use a little script that shows me
PP> all available %ENV :))

PP> #!/usr/bin/perl
PP> use CGI

PP> # set flush right away after every write or print
PP> $|=1;

PP> ########################
PP> # Get a list of what env variables are available

PP> $co = new CGI;

PP> print
PP>         $co->header,
PP>         $co->start_html('CGI Environment Variables'),

PP>         $co->center($co->h1('CGI Environment Variables'));

PP> foreach $key (sort keys %ENV) {

PP>         print $co->b("$key => $ENV{$key}"),
PP>         $co->br;

PP>         }