On Sat, Jun 09, 2001 at 11:17:43AM -0400, Dave Newton ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) spew-ed
forth:

> I've not been able to come up with any reasonable CGI that would be
> creating a path that the user has any control over; why would one want
> to do that?

What about things like document/filesystem management tools? Or
(re)configuration tools? Saying there is no
need for it (which you didn't do :) is like saying there is no need for any GUI
app to do it. The main issue is making sure these things are created safely
(the content is safe, and you have some idea to who is creating it). CGI isn't
just used for cheesy little guestbooks and the like anymore, there are
full-blown web-based applications which need functionality of doing this.
Another example is web-based email, which allows you to create multiple
folders.

Cheers,
Kevin

--
[Writing CGI Applications with Perl - http://perlcgi-book.com]
"Life Is Pain, Highness.  Anyone who says otherwise is selling something."