Hello all:

I am wanting to reduce an "if" from this "or" I list below to "if ($ans eq
"y")..." by forcing the response to a lower case "y" (like tolower, in C).
The book I have does show the \l to force the next character to be
lowercase, but I am still not clear how I pass (in this case a user
response) to that lower case character.

        $ans = <> ;
        chomp $ans;
           if ($ans eq "y"||$ans eq "Y") {

Anyone got a quick example before I start digging into the sites?  I am sure
I could do the whole thing more efficiently, but for now I'd like to stick
with my baby steps.  I am trying to understand this stuff.

Thank you all,

John Pimentel