I'm having difficulty fully understanding what this code is
saying/doing...  Could someone please, break it down for me into step
by step pseudocode?  Thank you in advance.

         # Renumber a series of tests from the command line
         perl -pi -e 's/(^\s+test\s+)\d+/ $1 . ++$count /e' t/op/taint.t

         # form a script
         local($^I, @ARGV) = ('.bak', glob("*.c"));
         while (<>) {
                 print "This line should appear at the top of each file\n";
             }
             s/\b(p)earl\b/${1}erl/i;        # Correct typos, preserving case
             print;
             close ARGV if eof;              # Reset $.
         }

*** Teresa Raymond
*** http://www.mariposanet.com
*** [EMAIL PROTECTED]