From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Sunday, June 17, 2001 3:43 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Need Perl/CGI/DBI/mysql Examples

Helo,

I am relatively new to the whole perl/cgi thing. (my high school pascal
class makes my ears bleed, and I needed something to make my time
worthwhile :) )

I don`t know about everyone, but the best way that I learn is by example.
I am prone to falling asleep when reading as I bore easily (RTFM =
zzzZzZzzz zzZZzzzZz ) and really like to get my feet wet. I`ve already
got my mysql DB set up and happy, but I keep having trouble with making
(and keeping) my damn perl`s communicating with it properly ...

My question is fairly specific, does anyone have any perl CGI`s that use
DBI to communicate with mysql ... that work well? I would like to see one
that takes user input via http, queries the DB and outputs a list of
matches linked to the entries, VERY well commented, of course. Right now
I can get my perls to sucessfully make simple queries via the CLI, but
whenever I try to make it more specific, more powerful, it craps out on
me and I cant figure out for the life of me, what exactly i`m doing wrong.
I suspect that my foundation is flaky. It shouldn`t be all that complicated
and that`s what
is frustrating me the most. I need some good examples .. perl "role models"
if you will.  ;)

I swear I wont be stealing anyones code for my own, all I want is just a
"road map" for my own educational purposes. If anyone wouldn`t mind
sharing or could point me in the right direction, it would be *immensely*
appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

--
Tim W.