Hey Gary,

GLA> It's not too late, we can save you, use UNIX... come to the Dark
GLA> Side, Luke...
Dark side? I thought that was M$ - you know BORG, Dark Side, etc <g>

8<------snip
8<------snip
CAD> Hi, Can anyone tell me how I can get started in programming with
CAD> Perl. I am new to computers and am using the windows millenium
CAD> software on my pc. Do I need to program in Dos to write and run
CAD> code or something else? Please help as I am desperate to get
CAD> started.

I would suggest "Learning Perl on Win32 Systems" - "The Llama book"
(3rd edition is out soon). Check www.oreily.com

I agree on the unix OS, but it is not always possible.  I currently
only run M$ :-(.

ViM - I love it (and recommend it). Not sure you want to learn VI and
Perl at one go... A good windows based text editor that I use as much
as ViM is www.TextPad.com (and yes there are others).

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Using The Bat! eMail v1.53bis