HI.

On the first side, I have a line of text into a file.
On the other side, I want to write this text in a "textarea" Tag.
In the text which is coming from the file, I have "\n", to have a trailing newline.EX: "First line \n Second Line".
I get the text from the file and I put it into the variable "$texte".
When I write (In Perl) : print "<textarea name=\"description\" rows=\"10\" cols=\"50\">$texte</textarea>"; : in the "textarea", there is "First line \n Second Line" but I want:
First line
Second Line".

But, if a write $texte="First line \n Second Line" before the HTML code, the text is correct.

How can I convert the text from the file to the "textarea"?

tks.