On 05 Jul 2001 16:02:40 -0500, Humberto Varela wrote:
> you have an error in your syntax:
>

> >print STDOUT "The result you ignorant fool is: $result\n";
>
> should be:
>
> print STDOUT "The result, you ignorant fool, is: $result\n";
>
> commas help emphasize that "pause" in the print statement.
>
> : )

I think "The result -- you ignorant fool -- is: $result\n" or "The
result (you ignorant fool) is: $result\n".  The first puts emphasis on
"you ignorant fool," and the seconds treats it like an aside.  Also (on
a Perl note) the STDOUT is unnesessary and chomp is preferable to chop.
STDOUT is the default selected filehandle so you don't have to specify
it unless you have mucked about with select.  Chop removes the last
character (whatever it is) and chomp removes the record seperator (which
by default is \n).

--
Today is Sweetmorn, the 40th day of Confusion in the YOLD 3167
Hail Eris, Hack Linux!