At 14:53 09.07.2001 +0200, Paul Johnson wrote:

> > >There isn't one.
>
>Well, actuallly that's not quite right.  There is quite a bit of
>difference.  See perlfaq4, copied here.

You are correct -- I should have read the documention :)  However, in every
day programming-speak, list and array get tossed about in such a way that
they become synonymous.  A list and an array seem to be effectively the
same thing -- except that a list is constant and an array is not.  You
might even say that a list is an array that you can't mess with.

Which brings up a question on my part.  Are there any examples of the use
of an array and the use of a list where labelling them differently make
something different happen?  IE

foreach (0..9); # list, correct?
foreach (@array); # array

to the average programmer, how does calling 0..9 an array screw them up?

Aaron Craig
Programming
iSoftitler.com