At 01:13 10.07.2001 -0700, Morgan Mackenzie wrote:
>PERL newbie here!
>
>I am using Javascript to preload my images for a web site I am working on.
>If I can use PERL for everything, I would love too.  Any thoughts where I
>can get information on how to do this (if it's possible. . . what am I
>saying, w/ PERL everything is possible).
>
>Morgan

I don't think that is possible.  Perl works on the server, and doesn't have
any control over what's going on on the client (apart from the data it
sends as an html response).

Besides, what's wrong with using JavaScript for doing the job it was
created for -- that is, controlling dynamic content on a web page.  My more
involved pages often use a mix of Perl on the server, and JavaScript and
C++ (in the form of a plug in) on the page.  Just for kicks, I throw some
Flash and ActionScript in for good measure :)
Aaron Craig
Programming
iSoftitler.com