From: Mark Winchester [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Saturday, July 14, 2001 10:38 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: 15 O'Reilly computer books free for download

--- Steve Howard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Illegal may be a moot point. The site is in Russia,
> and it is not likely any
> enforcement will ever do anything about it.
> Definitely not ethical, though.

It was my understanding that this was the beta version
of the CD bookshelf that was freely distributed before
the CD bookshelf went on sale.

Question - Is it unethical to give away a beta version
of a software (or CD books) after the commercial
version is marketed? Surely O'Reilly would have known
by providing a free beta version, that it would make
it's way around the net??????

Mark