This is a small test program I wrote to test the feasibility of what I want
to do.
Basically if an  element in the array exists as a package group in the
hash, the array element be replace with the elements of the package group.

A package group is a hash ( I think its actually a scalar reference to an
anonymous hash ) that does NOT contain the key 'lppname' .

Does anyone see any potential flaws with this solution ?
Any cleaner ways do go about the same thing ?

Cheers,

#!/usr/bin/perl -w
use strict;

my @array = qw(A B Y C D E);
my %hash;
$hash{A} = {
        lppname => "A",
        };
$hash{B} = {
        lppname => "B",
        };
$hash{C} = {
        Q       => "1",
        R       => "1",
        S       => "1",
        };
$hash{D} = {
        lppname => "D",
        };
$hash{E} = {
        X       => "1",
        Y       => "1",
        Z       => "1",
        };

my @newElements;
print "@array\n";
my $index = 0;
while ( $index <= $#array )
{
        if ( not defined $hash{$array[$index]} )
        {
                print $array[$index]." does not exist.\n";
        }
        elsif ( not exists $hash{$array[$index]}->{lppname} )
        {
                print $array[$index]." is a package group.\n";
                push @array, keys %{$hash{$array[$index]}};
                splice( @array, $index, 1);
print "@array\n";