Good point.  Fortunately, this system will not have to reply on any such
thing.  The votes are not critical either (ie its just gonna be used for
the ability for players to change or rarther vote to change certrain
aspects of the game).  My resolution for this is that the minute they
connect to the server the server assigns them a userid.  It is sequentially
given out but once a player leaves that userid can not be used again until
the server is reset.  The chance that  a player (I monitor by IP address)
gets the same userid within the same 30 minute or 1 hour game is very unlikely.

Thanks guys.
- Jim

- Jim

http://www.perlmonks.org/index.pl?node_id=67861&lastnode_id=67861